Thursday, March 9, 2017

Peguin Home



We made a "Penguin" homes that had to keep a Ice Cube cold for twenty minutes. We made out house out of Styrofoam plastic, cotton, and air bags. After twenty minutes in the sun we still had 84% of our Ice Cube. If we had to do this project again I might make another layer on the outside to make it more insulated. I also would have Insulated the lid of the cooler more so we lost less of the cold air.

Backwards-looking

I did not know much about heat and insulation before the project. I also did not know much about what insulated well and what didn't. I also did not know much about the topic of heat movement.

Inward-looking

I really like the piece of work that I did. I really like the many layers that we put in for insulation. My least favorite part of the project was the lid because I thought that it could be more insulated. What I enjoyed was the building of the project and actual project.

Outward-looking

I would give the project an A because not only did we meet all the requirements we exceeded them. Also we had 84% of our Ice Cube left so we had most of our ice cube left and that means that it was well thought through and well built.

Forwards-looking

If I had a chance to do this project again then I would probably insulate the top more, bring the materials on monday so that we had more time, and spend more time on the answering questions part of the project. I also would check the requirements before we made things to meet them so that we did not have to go back and fix the mistakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there life in Space?

News | The Solar System and Beyond  by JPL - NASA Have you ever watched sci-fi movies where there are aliens or extraterrestrial life, ...