Saturday, May 13, 2017

EOY Science

                Did you know that their is a set of actions that Cities can do to get to be a 5 star city, A green City? While it turns out their is. Their is a list of 21 actions cities can do or abide by that can make it a clean and energy efficient city. There are 7 parts to it each having three actions that a city can do or relate to. We choose 3 actions that our cities would do if we made a city. Action 14 means that the city passes a law that forces carmakers to create clean cars that don’t release much CO2. We will make sure we are in compliance with this accord by adding only dealerships that sell electrical cars and/or low emission cars like hybrids and by putting chargers for electrical cars at parking lots to encourage using those types of cars. Action 8 means putting recreational places, restaurants, apartments, & grocery stores closer so you can walk or bike to them. We will make sure we are in compliance with this accord by putting bike racks and places to put you bike while you are doing whatever you are doing so that you don’t have to find a place to put it and having bigger bike lanes and sidewalks so that it is safer so more people want to ride their bikes and walk. Action 3 means cutting back on greenhouse  gasses and reducing the chance of global warming. We will make sure we are in compliance with this accord by encouraging less food waste in the landfill so that they produce less methane and using electric trains.


S&EP
SP7

I used Evidence to support my claim when my group and I where choosing what we would do and choose to do in our green city. I used evidence to support my argument when I backed up my choice to action 14. I did this because I believe that it is better to stop the problem before it gets to my city so that we don't have to worry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there life in Space?

News | The Solar System and Beyond  by JPL - NASA Have you ever watched sci-fi movies where there are aliens or extraterrestrial life, ...