Friday, October 28, 2016

The Savanna


https://www.tes.com/lessons/CzGGKI0JE8nTfw/savannah

http://animals.sandiegozoo.org/animals/cheetah
https://commons.wikimedia.
org/wiki/File:Umbrella_
thorn_acacia_or_israeli_babool
_tree_plant_acacia_tortillis.jpg
The Savanna is a dry hot climate. It is home to over 56 different species of animals. It is also a home to over 1000 different types of plants. It gets an average of 15 - 25 inches of rain each year. One of the animals that live their is the Cheetah. The cheetah has made many changes and adaptations to survive. Some of his Physical adaptations are great eyesight so that they can see far through the long tall grasses to see their prey. Long Claws so that they can sink their claws into their prey because they have small mouths. Flat Tails so that they can keep their balance make sharp turns and to help steer them. Spotted/Camouflaged so that their prey can’t see them when they creep up on them. Hooks on the back of Pads to stop abruptly to get their prey. Some Behavioral adaptations were hunting during the day because that is the only time that they can see their prey. They only drinking water every 3-4 days because the climate is dry. They hunt alone so that they draw less attention. A plant that lives on the savanna is a Umbrella Thorn Acacia. The umbrella thorn acacia has adapted to the savanna. Here are some of the adaptations that it made acacia’s don’t need a lot of water so they can live in places where it does not get much rain. Acacias have a long deep root to suck up more water. Little leaves so it does not lose water. Umbrella shaped top to get more shade. Thorn’s to keep away things that want to eat it.


Backwards-looking

I did not know much about the subject and the savanna before I studied it. But I did know a lot about the Cheetah. The Umbrella Thorn Acacia I knew a little about. I think that I have learned a lot about everything and that was very interesting because I learned about the same about everything even though I was at different levels of knowing things.


Inward-Looking

I learned a lot about how I like to design google slides and how I work really well on my own. I also learned that I will always learn things even if I think that I know as much about that subject as I think is possible. I also learned that I like to research animals and plants.I know that I learned about that I like to learn about others things I have never studied before.

Outward-Looking

I would give my project an A because it has a lot of good information on the savanna and the animals and plants that I choose. I would also give it an A because I did it on time and it was complete and it had all the information that we needed to put on and I added even more extra credit.

Forward-Looking

What I want to do next time is maybe I could colaborate more with my group because we just really used each other for help. I think that I also would want to put more focus on my Savanna extra credit slide because it did not have as much information as the other slides but that might have made it over powering because that was not the focus.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there life in Space?

News | The Solar System and Beyond  by JPL - NASA Have you ever watched sci-fi movies where there are aliens or extraterrestrial life, ...