Saturday, October 7, 2017

Periodic Table of slimes 10/1/17--10/6/17


         In this project we were required to make a periodic table of something. Our group chose to make a periodic table of slimes. While we made this project I was able to learn what Trends are in the periodic table. Trends are how you table works as in what does it increase by going down the line or across.  I also learned more about the constructing of the Periodic table. I learn that it is a lot harder than it looks to make the periodic table because you had to make sure that everything is in the right pattern and that everything is placed where it has to be. I also learned that in the periodic table elements actually have a lot more in common because they are always slowly increasing and sometimes they can share the same atomic mass. This I thought was cool.

Backwards-Looking

One of the problem my group encountered well we were doing this project is that we did not know what we wanted to make our atomic mass be. Meaning what numbers would we add to our atomic number and how would those connect to our periodic table and not just be random numbers. We ended up making our atomic mass our atomic number plus wavelength. Wavelength is the colors number so we added that slimes color number to its atomic number.

Inward-looking

I think that I had very high standards for this project because I felt as though I should be able to excel at it because we had spent a while on this topic and I was comfortable with it. I also had a lot of knowledge on this topic. I think that I meet my standards because I like the piece of work that I made and I think that it is a very good piece of work and that it has a lot of good things in it that I really like. I also like the way we organized it and the way that we were able to make it.

Outward-Looking

I think that we did our work different then others because we had a different process. We started making our project by making the table outline and putting all of the slimes in their appropriate places before we started to make our different element symbols and or atomic masses and out atomic numbers. The ways that we made it similar though is that we did it the same process is that we made the key and the abstract lats. I also think we did ours differently because we made ours have 7-8 periods depending on on what column you are in, where as the other groups made their with about 4-5 periods.

Forwards-looking

If I had a chance to re-do this project I would probably put more time into the abstract. I mean our abstract was very good and I like it but I feel as though we probably could make it better next time. I think that we also did most of it at home so it was harder to collaborate on it so we didn't have all the same ideas heard. But other then that I think that i would not change anything else because I feel we did good on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there life in Space?

News | The Solar System and Beyond  by JPL - NASA Have you ever watched sci-fi movies where there are aliens or extraterrestrial life, ...