Saturday, January 14, 2017

Non-Mendelian Genetics.

https://www.pinterest.com/explore/most-beautiful-dogs/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/354658539376495192/



Have you ever wondered why animals and plants can be multiple colors if Mendel thought that they could only be one? Or why some animals have two different colored eyes? This is called Incomplete dominance or Co-dominance. Incomplete Dominance is a blending of two different Dominant traits that make a third trait that is a blend of the two traits. The third trait is the trait that will show up. Co-dominance is when the two original traits ore combined to make a multi colored or spotted trait/phenotype. This is called non-Mendelian genetics because Gregor Mendel thought that their could only be a recessive and a dominant trait and that their could not be two of a certain trait. The puppy (above left) and the flower (above right) are two examples of this. They are both an example of co-dominance. 


S&EP

SP6


I explained Non-Mendelian Genetics through my notes in class because I made sure that everything that I wrote I understood. Also so that I wrote down everything that I felt explained Non-Mendelian Genetics so that I could fully explain and understand Non-Mendelian Genetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there life in Space?

News | The Solar System and Beyond  by JPL - NASA Have you ever watched sci-fi movies where there are aliens or extraterrestrial life, ...