Friday, November 17, 2017

Clean it up 11/13/17-11/17/17


     Have you ever spilled something? I bet you have. But have you ever spilled hairspray on a plant? That's probably not one of the things that you would see daily. Then to clean it up did you use vinegar? I highly doubt that. But guess what, I did exactly that. My group and I had to try to neutralize a chemical. For our chemical we chose hairspray. Hairspray is surprisingly a base. We decided, off of our knowledge of neutralizing acids and bases, that we were going to use the acid, vinegar, to try to neutralize our base, hairspray. Once we ran our tests and experiments we found out that the hairspray had little to no effect on our plant and that our plant lived on. We used 100 mL of water on each plant, to keep them alive, 10 mL of hairspray on each plant, to simulate the spill, and 1 mL of vinegar, to neutralize the hairspray. We only used 1 mL of the vinegar because it is a strong acid and we didn't want that to kill the plant.

Backwards-looking

I think that a few problems that I had during this project was time management. This is because I was focusing on one thing more than another. This resulted in me having to start a document that was due the next day and work on that because throughout the whole week I was to focused on another part of the project.

Inwards-looking

I think that my goals for this piece of work is to have it be really realistic and that it was logical. I think that my goals changed along the way because I realized that it was hard to make a good news cast the was very realistic and that made sense. But I feel as though I did reach my goal of it being logical.

Outwards-looking

I think that if someone else were to look at my piece and learn something about me the one thing that they would learn about me is that I can improvise. I think this because on the night before something was due I was able to do half of it and prepare myself for the last class period that I would have to work on it so that I could manage my time well.

Forwards-looking

One thing that I think that I want to improve upon is my time management. As I said above that is not one of my strong suits. Also I feel as though that is something that a person needs to be successful. I also think that it is a valuable skill.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there life in Space?

News | The Solar System and Beyond  by JPL - NASA Have you ever watched sci-fi movies where there are aliens or extraterrestrial life, ...